Bathroom remodelling may seem daunting. After all, it’s a big project that requires a lot of time, money and patience. And we understand that it can be overwhelming to make such a huge investment.
Don’t let the cost discourage you.
There are many reasons why remodelling your bathroom is a great idea. Here are a few.
Why Invest in a Bathroom Renovation?
Not sure if you should make changes to your bathroom? You’ll be glad to know that there are plenty of reasons why it’s a worthwhile investment.
1) Change in Your Needs or Lifestyle
Your needs are going to change. When you bought your home, your stand-alone shower was perfect for just the two of you. But now your family has grown and your bathroom can’t accommodate the needs of your growing family. Or, your children are all grown, you’re about to retire, and now you want a senior-friendly bathroom.
Whatever the reason, remodelling your bathroom to match your needs and lifestyle is a great way to start a new chapter.
2) Update Your Bathroom’s Look
Interior decor trends change every few years. Maybe an all-white bathroom was de rigueur three years ago but no more. A bathroom remodel is the ideal way to upgrade your bathroom to match the latest decor trend. To spruce it up, you can incorporate new features, change the predominant colours, and update the fixtures.
3) Increase Storage Space
If you have a small bathroom and need more storage, remodelling the space to use it more efficiently is a good idea. You can optimize the space you have to create a bathroom that flows better by fixing functional features. You can also add storage space, like a bathroom vanity and cabinets. Ready-to-install cabinets and countertops can cut down on your renovation cost. If you have a big bathroom, you can reconfigure the layout by integrating walk-in closets and a double vanity so each partner has a separate sink.
4) Bathroom Needs Repair
Bathroom repair is a common remodelling project. Water damage from leaks, aging materials, chipped paint, mould damage from uncirculated air, and cracked tiles all need to be taken care of right away. When remodelling your bathroom, you can integrate advanced water barriers and moisture-resistant paint, or replace old materials with newer versions that stand up better to wear and tear.
5) Increase the Safety
Needing to create an accessible space with safety features, especially if you’re a senior or have mobility issues, is the perfect reason to remodel your bathroom. Anti-scald pressure balancing shower valves, non-slip floors, grab bars, a barrier-free shower, and GFCI protected outlets are just some of the features you can add to your bathroom.
6) Increase the Value of Your Property
A bathroom remodel is a surefire way to increase your property’s resale value. A well-designed and functional bathroom with safety features and stylish fixtures make a property more desirable. Prospective homebuyers prefer houses with renovated bathrooms in the latest styles.
7) Make It More Efficient
Outdated light fixtures that use up too much energy and leaking pipes that waste water are just some of the reasons for skyrocketing utility bills. You’ll be surprised how a remodel can make your bathroom more energy efficient and save money. To save on daily water usage and energy consumption, install water-saving faucets and showerheads and energy-saving lights. You may also want to update your ventilation system.
Tips to Make the Most of Your Bathroom Remodel
A well-planned and executed remodelling can make a dramatic difference to your bathroom’s appearance, safety and practicality. Once you’ve decided to go for it, these bathroom renovation ideas will help you get a good return on your investment.
● Since you’re investing in your property, you should create a budget so your bathroom renovation cost doesn’t spiral. Request quotes from top bathroom remodelling contractors near you to set a realistic budget, then stick to it!
● If you have space, install a bathroom vanity to take your bathroom’s functionality and visual appeal to the next level. It will also give you ample storage space, a spot for grooming, and make your bathroom look clutter-free.
● Make sure you choose all sanitaryware before plastering or tiling is done to ensure the hot and cold pipes and waste are in the correct positions. Otherwise, it can lead to expensive alterations.
● If possible, incorporate plenty of windows or maybe a skylight into your bathroom. Ample natural lighting will make the space brighter and airier, thus keeping mould at bay. If your bathroom’s design isn’t conducive to a traditional skylight, go for a tubular one instead. You will also need artificial lighting for the evenings. Choose recessed LEDs for ambient lighting instead of overhead light that can cast shadows on your face.
● To save space, select wall-mounted cabinets, washbasins and shelves. They not only look sleek but also open up the floor space.
● It’s advisable to make your bathroom accessible when remodelling as making changes later, when you become a senior, can lead to yet another costly renovation. If you incorporate the design now, you save later.
● Mirrors aren’t just for checking your makeup or hair. They expand the room visually and add light to it. For example, if you have a primary mirror located above the bathroom sink, add a second one near it.
Investing in bathroom remodelling may seem challenging at first but the payoff can be huge. It makes your bathroom safer as well as more accessible, accommodating, attractive and functional. Knowing the best reasons to undertake the renovation in the first place will give you peace of mind and remind you it’s an investment worth making.